BEST PARTY JOLLOF RECIPE ON THE PLANET(NIGERIAN STYLE APPROVED)

BEST PARTY JOLLOF RECIPE ON THE PLANET
BEST NIGERIAN JOLLOF RICE RECIPE
'I LOVE TO COOK' its no secret. Sometimes I get carried away. Everyday in my kitchen is a new recipe, my own recipe! I love to tweak things a little, take it a notch up or down, depending on the mood of my taste buds. As much as possible, I try to make my recipes simple.
I try to bring in various cuisine variations. Add a flavorful twist.
There are different variations to cooking. And JOLLOF RICE is not left out. Recently I tried a different method.
Let me show you how:
What you'll need
5 Cups of rice
7 cups of Water
Red (pepper) Tomato stew
1 cup Vegetable oil
Seasoning cubes (2 knorr and 1 onga stew small sachet)
Spices: cumin seeds, thyme, coriander, ground paprika,curry powder)
Salt to taste
1 kg Meat or chicken
2½ Onion bulbs
4 red Peppers
1 tablespoon ground red pepper
1 teaspoon ground Cameron pepper
Bay leaves

Before we begin, ensure all ingredients and utensils are washed and clean.
Allow the rice par boil after washing it with plain water.
Put meat( you can use chicken) aside to boil as well (added salt, pepper: fresh and powder, enough onions: 2 large bulbs, curry, some seasoning cubes, and spices: ½ tbspn thyme, ¼ teaspoon cumin)
It takes about 25 mins to par boil rice, depending on the type of rice. And 45 mins to 50 mins for a properly cooked meat (depending on the type of meat)
When this was done, I strained the rice. Separated the meat from the stock
Set the meat stock to boil, added more salt and spice, covered it. When I was sure it was ready, I put some bay leaves in, bay leaves keeps meals fresh and tasty, especially when it comes to jollof, I used about 8. Closed the lid once more. Allow to simmer.
Luckily I had in the freezer an already made stew, which was what I used, (if you don't have one, you'll need to make some)I took out the quantity needed, let it warm up on another section of the stove. While it warmed I added a little water and more oil.  I then put the rice into the stock  pot(already on fire) added a little more water so the water and rice is leveled out, covered it.

7 mins later I was back, the aroma of the bay leaves filled my nose, by now the stew was hot and ready, I gently turned it over into the rice, did a little stir and a tap on the lid, Closed the pot and allow to simmer for another 30 mins.
Just enough burning at the bottom, your party jollof rice is ready !

Serve Hot with dodo(fried plantain) or salad, and fried meat/chicken.
Total cooking time: 1 Hour 3 mins
Enjoy !
X






Comments

  1. Anonymous15 June, 2019

    Woah,That's some colorful rice !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Party jollof Approved! Lol
      But really you can tune it down, the choice is yours

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank You for leaving a comment!